Remember what you feel when you have to go in a car that does not have music?
We will not focus on them, and try to understand what speakers is better to install in the car and consider the features of acoustic sound systems.
Often motorists think about which speakers are the best, and which of them is better to choose for installation in the car.
Types of car speakers
Of course, at first, you can ride with the acoustics, which is installed in the car at the factory assembly. However, over time, many people want to upgrade and buy new speakers. Before we understand what models to choose, we will consider the main types of acoustics.
- Acoustics component type is set to reproduce a variety of sound range, and the kit includes speakers that reproduce low, mid and high frequency. Such an acoustic complex is considered to be the most expensive, but it provides the highest quality sound level.
- Coaxial speakers also reproduce the entire sound range, but their quality is much worse.
The main feature of coaxial systems is the affordable cost, and they can be quickly put in the car yourself.
General rules of choosing the acoustic systems
How to choose the right quality speakers in the car and what are the criteria for their evaluation? First of all, the sound quality will depend on how many speakers are installed. The most optimal scheme of their arrangement in the car is the following:
- 1-2 subwoofers;
- 7-9 average frequency speakers;
- 2 high-frequency speakers.
This amount of equipment is better to put in a passenger car and evenly distribute the speakers in the cabin. Often, one powerful subwoofer is enough, through which the playback of low sound frequencies is carried out.
Do not assume that the more speakers installed in the car, the brighter the sound quality. Often too much is the cause of the dissonance and just a waste of money.
Choosing the speakers you want to put in the car, you must follow the following rules:
- the speaker system in the vehicle can be easily connected to the amplifier;
- models with fuses installed at each connection point should be selected;
- it is necessary to give preference to complete audio systems for cars;
- the amount of power consumed must match the capability of the power source of the vehicle.
You should avoid buying models with a significant difference in the frequency range.
The size and power of the acoustic systems
To choose the right speakers in your car, you need to determine the dimensions of all elements of the speaker system. Suitable speaker sizes are easy to decide on, which requires removing the factory speakers from the inside of the car and making the necessary measurements. Knowing the appropriate dimensions, you will not have any difficulty to choose the right speakers.
It is better to take a few minutes to measure the inner diameter of the technological holes for the installation of speakers on the rear shelf in the car than to manually expand them and spoil the skin. Do not skimp on sound quality and buy cheap models of speakers. The 5-inch speakers are better at reproducing high-frequency sound. The 6.5-inch models are considered to be of the highest quality (read more); they reproduce the low-frequency sound (bass) better. It is better to put it in the car “bass” if you want the maximum sound quality.
The power of the speakers should also be taken into account when you decide to choose the acoustics in your car. It is better to select it in such a way that the power of the speakers is several times higher than the output power of the player in the car, which significantly improves the sound quality.
Seats for speakers and what affects the sound quality
When you decide to choose a specific speaker system in the car, you will need to pay attention to the seats of the speakers. The installation location of the speakers in the cabin plays an important role, as they differ in size and method of fastening. Surely you have ever noticed that some of them are installed on the shelf in the back of the car, while others are located on the doors and front panel.
- Usually, coaxial speakers of small dimensions are installed at the front, plus they have a midrange.
- Door speakers operate in the high-frequency range and are protected from possible mechanical damage (for obvious reasons, you should choose a protected option).
- At the back, as a rule, powerful low-frequency “basses” are installed.
The device of any speaker cannot do without a diffuser. It is a device that converts the incoming signal into sound, as well as affecting its quality. As a rule, high-quality diffusers are made of paper with a special impregnation and mounted on a suspension made of rubber. This combination in the design of the speaker allows you to achieve the highest quality sound, so it is worth choosing such acoustics.
How to install an audio system
When it comes to the long-awaited moment of purchase of the audio system, many car owners are faced with the difficulties of its proper installation. Installation must be carried out by specific rules that must be followed. Otherwise, it will be impossible to achieve the maximum sound effect.
Let’s look at the basic principles of installing elements of audio systems, which are guided by professionals:
- installation of the subwoofer is carried out in the luggage compartment for reasons of space saving, as well as to ensure good visibility of the rear window;
- a pair of speakers must be mounted on the front panel, and they should be directed towards the windshield;
- each door is equipped with one high-frequency speaker (you can install a pair of speakers only on the front doors);
a couple of speakers is mounted horizontally on the rear shelf.
If you are a fan of extreme drive and love to make the car interior shake from loud music, then buy two speakers additionally, which will need to be installed under the drivers and passenger seat.
What else you need to know
It is easy to guess that the purchase of high-quality car audio requires the investment of a sufficiently powerful amplifier and player (head unit), which will be compatible in power and quality of signal playback. You can not buy sound equipment, guided only by the knowledge of the brand of the product and liked layout. It often happens that the rash acquisition of sound equipment entails a distorted sound, as transmitted from the car to the speaker electrical signal is incorrectly perceived by the speakers.
It is also recommended to entrust the installation of the equipment to experienced car electricians, who will perform it by the connection scheme and help to avoid undesirable consequences, up to the failure of new equipment. Surely car owners will be interested to know that the leading manufacturers of high-quality (do not even take into account the influx of Chinese and Taiwanese miracle audio systems) equipment are American and European firms.
“Europeans” can boast of excellent sound quality, but the playback of too loud music, the buyer does not have to count. “State” craftsmen, on the contrary, offer on the market quite powerful and loud equipment, but the sound quality is somewhat inferior to their European opponents.