Looking to upgrade your car’s audio system?
We’ve put together a roundup of the best 6.5-inch speakers on the market in 2020, paying special attention to their sound clarity.
The crystal-clear sound produced by these speakers is a definite upgrade from the sound quality that standard speakers provide.
Top Rated 6.5 Car Speakers Designed for Clarity
1. Infinity Kappa 60.11CS
2. JBL GTO609C Premium
3. Infinity Reference 6030cs
4. JL Audio C2-650X Evolution
5. Pioneer TS-A1670F
- Top Rated 6.5 Car Speakers Designed for Clarity
- 1. Infinity Kappa 60.11CS 2-Way Car Audio System – Best Frequency Response
- 2. JBL GTO609C Premium Speaker System – Best Overall Value
- 3. Infinity Kappa Reference 6030cs Two-Way Speakers – Good Power Rating
- 4. JL Audio C2-650X Evolution 2-Way Car Speakers – Premium Audio Speakers
- 5. Pioneer TS-A1670F 3-Way Car Speakers – Most Affordable Option
- How to Choose Which 6.5 Speakers to Buy
Below is a list of the best 6.5 speakers for clarity which will be the perfect replacement to factory speakers.
1. Infinity Kappa 60.11CS 2-Way Car Audio System – Best Frequency Response
This is a solid speaker for listening to music that tends towards the higher end of the sound spectrum, and the design is durable.
That said, we’ve noticed some customers have found speakers that were defective out of the box. Thankfully, JBL does offer a solid warranty on their products.
3. Infinity Kappa Reference 6030cs Two-Way Speakers – Good Power Rating
We’d recommend this for audio systems that don’t need to maximize their frequency range but need good peak power and superior clarity.
With a peak power rating of 225 watts each and high sensitivity, they can produce as much volume as you need, yet they are designed to survive the wear and tear it creates with polypropylene cones. They also have built-in crossovers to keep your music playing smoothly over the full range of frequencies.
If you have the budget for these speakers, they are one of the best options on the market this year.
5. Pioneer TS-A1670F 3-Way Car Speakers – Most Affordable Option
We’d recommend these speakers for anyone with a powerful amplifier and a need to stay within a budget.
How to Choose Which 6.5 Speakers to Buy
Nearly all cars today come with some sort of audio speakers installed when you buy them that run the gamut of size, type, and quality. That’s especially true if it’s a pre-owned vehicle that’s been modified by previous owners. In many cases, though, the audio system uses lower quality speakers than is available. If you’re like many car owners, one the first things to do when outfitting a new vehicle is to upgrade a standard set of speakers with better quality 6.5-inch speakers.
What are the most important features to compare when shopping for 6.5-inch speakers?
Audio speakers are a well-developed technology that’s been around for nearly a century. Speaker brands compete in a number of ways, but there are a few basic specs to pay attention to when comparing them.
- Frequency range: In order to enjoy your music’s rich range of sounds, you’ll need to mix and match speakers that have the widest possible frequency range. Frequencies on the high or low end of the range of human hearing are difficult to reach for crossover speakers, so you may want to add tweeters or subwoofers to capture those sounds. Products with wider frequency ranges are better if you don’t want to use those specialty speakers.
- Peak power: This is an important metric to note when shopping for speakers because they’ll need to handle the maximum wattage your stereo or amplifier’s output. If their peak power is less than the amplifier’s maximum wattage, the speakers will be damaged when you turn the volume up too high.
- Impedance: This is another important metric that you’ll want to match to your amplifier. Stereos and amplifiers will state which impedance values they support, so make a note of it and buy speakers match your system.
- Sensitivity: This is a rating for the volume of sound that speakers produce for each watt of signal they receive from an amplifier. Usually, this is measured in decibels (dB). If you have a lower wattage system, you’ll want high sensitivity speakers to increase your volume, but a high-wattage amplifier will mean lower sensitivity speakers can work just as well.
That concludes our review of the best 6.5-inch car speakers for clarity for 2020. Each of these products is a definite upgrade from mediocre OEM speakers that cars often are equipped with at the factory, but they do have their strengths and weaknesses. We were especially impressed by JL Audio’s C2-650X and Infinity Kappa’s 60.11CS speakers, but Pioneer’s A Series is probably the most affordable option we could find.